July 13 & 14, 2021
- Bargaining days with the Employer.
July 8, 2021
- Special Membership Meeting re: No Board/Timelines/Next Steps held via Zoom.
July 7, 2021
- No board released initiating a 17 day countdown to potential strike/lockout action.
June 30, 2021
- Press release issued re: no board.
June 30, 2021
- No board report requested from Ministry of Labour.
June 14, 2021
- Bargaining day with Employer.
June 8, 2021
- Bargaining day with Conciliator and Employer.
May 14, 2021
- Received confirmation of date with the Conciliator assigned to L. 1883; June 8, 2021.
May 11, 2021
- Strike Committee meeting – discussed communications, upcoming picket captain and mobilization training.
May 4, 2021
- Strike Committee meeting – discussed strike vote, next steps, formed committees including hardship, communications, administration, and finance.
May 2, 2021
- Negotiations Committee received a 90% strike mandate from the membership.
May 1 – 2, 2021
- Strike Vote held electronically. Overwhelming turnout from the membership.
April 29, 30, May 1, 2021
- Strike Vote information sessions held.
- If you missed an information session and would like to review, please reach out to Rebecca to schedule a phone call.
April 30, 2021
- Conciliation officer was appointed by the Ministry of Labour to work with the Local & the Employer.
April 27, 2021
- Strike committee meeting – discussed strike vote information sessions.
April 21, 2021
- Strike committee meeting – discussed conciliation, next steps, mobilizing membership.
April 20, 2021
- Special meeting held regarding conciliation/next steps.
Questions and Answers
- Notification received late in the evening that Employer filed for conciliation.
April 13, 2021
- Met with the Employer for 10 hours of bargaining.
- Employer advised they would be filing for conciliation the next day.
- The Negotiations Committee met with the Employer to bargain on October 7, October 30, November 4, November 5, November 18, November 24
May 6, 2020
- The Local provided Notice to Bargain to the Employer.